There are occasions when situations change for one party or the other. If a divorce decree or other domestic decree is based one situation (employment, sole proprietorship, etc.) and the situation changes (the job is lost, the business goes under, etc.), then the court may grant a modification When events change in life, it is important to let the court know to avoid a contempt charge, which can result in jail time. Without a modification, both parties will continue to be obligated to comply with the original decree. A modification can be based on a change in circumstances of either party. In a custody modification, the argument is over a change in the best interest of the children or the election of a child on his/her fourteenth birthday.

To speak with an attorney about a modification call 904-779-5585 to schedule an appointment.

Contact with us

Link to my Facebook Page
Link to my Rss Page

Free 30 Minutes Consult

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Office Hours:

Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Evenings and Weekends available by appointment.