There are times when one party to a domestic action does not follow the judgment decree of the court. If this happens, that party is in contempt of court. Many people fall into contempt due to special situations or a change in status (such as loss of a job). Special situations may explain failure, but a change in circumstances should be taken up in an action to modify the divorce.

An action for contempt is most often brought to collect past due alimony or child support or to enforce timesharing rights, but any failure to comply with the final decree provides grounds for a contempt action. A party must be at least one month late on child support or alimony before a contempt action may be brought.

To speak with an attorney about Contempt and Non-compliance call 904-779-5585 to schedule an appointment.

Contact with us

Link to my Facebook Page
Link to my Rss Page

Free 30 Minutes Consult

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Office Hours:

Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Evenings and Weekends available by appointment.